Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Joining the Proletariat

Many of you have known me long enough to know what I think of Karl Marx. While I'm not as much of a proponant of his ideas as I once was, I have definitely become a member of the proletariat: the workers party. I own nothing but my labor, some climbing gear, $3000 worth of music gear, and a beat-up pickup truck. The only way to continue living as I do is to sell the labor that I have. So I mop floors, wash windows, sweeps, scrape gum from the floors and duct tape from the walls. At least I get to listen to sermons while I do it.

It does, however, feel FANTASTIC to be working again. It will take awhile to figure out how much food I have to eat to fuel my lifestyle, because a few cups of pork stirfry, an apple, pop tarts, and maybe a sandwich for dinner just aren't cutting 8 hours of work in additon to afternoons spent climbing. I'm chillin' out today, but I am trying to keep busy.

No comments: